New Canadian Media is currently looking for a part-time executive assistant with a proven track record organizing and supporting not-for-profit organizations. We seek a self-motivated, highly-organized individual with a proven ability to multi-task and respond effectively to frequently-shifting priorities in a fast-paced media environment. The ideal candidate should be a proactive problem-solver, possess sound judgment and be able to work remotely without active supervision. The ideal candidate should also be deadline-driven and excel in keeping colleagues informed as he/she accomplishes his/her tasks.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Publisher, effectively managing e-mail correspondence, setting up teleconferences, managing schedules and supporting the newsroom
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant to the Publisher, Accounts Manager and other assistant positions in the organization
- Populate databases that enables the organization to make important linkages
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and the Editorial Board by recording ROD's and building agendas
- Prioritize and manage workflow to ensure quality and efficiency (i.e. meet deadlines, be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities, etc.)
- Take initiative to identify and recommend improvements for the organization and in own job function(s), and research and/or investigate issues requiring resolution in order to execute on assigned tasks
- Experience in building and maintaining databases is a HIGHLY desirable asset
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IS June 8, 2015. This is a 20 hours/week term position for June-Aug/Sept 2015; remuneration is $25.00/hour. Depending on performance, the position and term may be extended.
Your cover letter should address how you meet the specific criteria outlined in the job posting.
Email your resume and cover letter to admin @ newcanadianmedia.ca
We look forward to reviewing your application(s).
Reference ID: ed22280b1232
Date Posted: 06/06/2015